What's the application of starch?
1. Use as food additive
As an additive for food processing, food starches are typically used as thickeners and stabilizers in foods such as puddings, custards, soups, sauces, gravies, pie fillings, and salad dressings, and to make noodles and pastas.
Gummed sweets such as jelly beans and wine gums are not manufactured using a mold in the conventional sense. A tray is filled with native starch and leveled. A positive mold is then pressed into the starch leaving an impression of 1,000 or so jelly beans. The jelly mix is then poured into the impressions and put into a stove to set. This method greatly reduces the number of molds that must be manufactured.
2. Use in pharmaceutical industry
In the pharmaceutical industry, starch is also used as an excipient, as tablet disintegrant or as binder.
Leave a Message About What's the application of starch?
- How to make starch from potato?
- Cassava flour processing steps
- How is potato starch made?
- How to start a potato starch production plant?
- How do you get the starch out of potatoes ?
- What is potato starch production process?
- How to make cassava starch?
- What is High Quality Cassava Flour (HQCF) used for?
- What's the difference between cassava flour and tapioca flour?
- How to maintain sweet potato starch machine
Leave a message