High maltose corn syrup production
High maltose corn syrup is a food additive used as a sweetener and preservative. The majority sugar is maltose. It is less sweet than high fructose corn syrup,and contains little to no fructose It is sweet enough to be useful as a sweetener in commercial food production, however.To be given the label "high," the syrup must contain at least 50% maltose. Typically, it contains 40–50% maltose, though some have as high as 70%.
By using β-amylase or fungal α-amylase, glucose syrups containing over 50% maltose, or even over 70% maltose (extra-high-maltose syrup) can be produced.p. 465 This is possible because these enzymes remove two glucose units, i.e., one maltose molecule at a time from the end of the starch molecule.
The mainly process of high maltose corn syrup production:
(2) Liquefaction-Starch milk is sent to buffer tank then liquefied by jet cooker with the aid of enzyme.
(3) Saccharification-The liquefied material is sent to enzyme saccharification tank for reaction. After being kept in holding tube the required DE value of the glucose will be reached. Then the material is sent to flash for cooling then to the neutralization tank for suitable PH value.
(4) Filtration and decoloring- Glucose is cleaned by removing the protein and other foreign items in rotary vacuum filter and filter press. Active carbon is needed for decoloring at proper temperature.
(5) Ion exchange- Tiny foreign items and bad odor is removed via ion exchanger. This equipment is used for high quality product.
(6) Evaporation- The maltose is totally cleaned through safety filter then sent to evaporator for concentrating to reach the required DS as final product.
If you want to get more information and offer of the equipment,leave us message online,we will reply as soon as possible !