What is High Fructose Starch-based Syrups?
glucose syrup processing
High Fructose Starch-based Syrups are produced from refined very high DE glucose syrups. An enzymatic process using isomerase fixated on a resin facilitates the conversion of glucose to fructose. By using more resin columns in parallel the enzyme activity is completely exhausted before a refill.
The isomerase catalyses the formation of 42% fructose in equilibrium with glucose. This syrup may be refined and evaporated as such and it is an excellent all-purpose sweetener.
In order to obtain a more perfect match with sucrose based liquid sugar (cane and beet sugar) the fructose content has to be increased to 55% by enrichment. A stream of HFSS-42 is fractionated. Previous attempts to do this by crystallisation have never gained industrial acceptance. The fractionation is done more elegantly by chromatography. By auto-matically switching the injection point an endless ring column is simulated and the HFSS-42 is fractionated in fructose and glucose. Water or condensate is used to eluate the column. The fructose fraction is backmixed with the HFSS-42 to make up an HFFS-55. In this way a perfect match with traditional sucrose based liquid sugar is obtained. The HFSS-55 finds widespread use as sweetener in soft drinks.
The fructose fraction from the chromatographic column can of course be refined and evaporated to a syrup separately as HFSS-90 finding applications in low calorie foods.
Demineralisation throughout the HFSS-process and precautions against de-cross-linking by oxygen extends the lifetime of the resins. An HFSS-section should preferably run continuously non-stop.
Leave a Message About What is High Fructose Starch-based Syrups?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- What is potato starch used for?
- How does cassava starch production line works ?
- Sweet potato production technology for starch
- How to make cassava starch from cassava roots ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
- What is the potato starch drying machine working process ?
- Isolation of starch from cassava process
- How to remove starch from sweet potatoes ？
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to store sweet potatoes for winter ?
- Potato starch processing plant layout - water and electricity configuration
- What's the price of potato peeler machine? commercial potato peeler machine price
- Sweet potato starch processing in the Philippines
Leave a message