How to start a sweet potato starch processing plant?
Sweet potato starch is extracted from fresh sweet potato in sweet potato starch processing plant. The process of extracting and refining the sweet potato starch is similar to the potato starch or cassava starch extraction process. Our company have engaged in research and development of starch processing for many years. Here we introduce the main process during sweet potato starch processing plant.
The sweet potato starch production process insweet potato starch processing plant include seveal steps:
sweet potato cleaning and washing, sweet potato milling, sweet potato starch extraction, starch milk concentration and refining, dewatering of refined starch milk and starch drying.
Here is the 3D photo of DOING sweet potato starch processing plant
The description of sweet potato starch production in sweet potato starch processing plant:
1. Sweet potato cleaning and washing
The washing conveyor and the special designed washing machine will washing the sweet potato and remove the impurity ,like sand, small stone during the transportation.
2. Sweet potato milling
Most often the milling of sweet potato tubers is carried out by a hammer mill. The purpose of this stage is disruption of cell walls, which therefore release as much starch as possible to extract starch from sweet potato.
Sweet potato milling machine
3. Sweet potato starch extraction
The sweet potato slurry will be pump to the centrifugal sieves to separate the starch milk and the fiber with peels. Starch milk is contaminated by small fiber particles and the remaining components of the sweet potato juice – that’s why it is called raw starch milk.
4. Starch milk concentration and refining
Raw starch milk is purified in the refining process. This involves the removal of small fibers from the starch milk and then the removal of juice water and starch milk condensation. For this purpose, the screens and hydrocyclones are commonly used. Hydrocyclones due to the low output (approximately 0.3 cubic meter per hour) are connected in parallel and works as multihydrocyclones. For the starch milk desanding, the desanding cyclones are used. Refined starch milk has a density of about 22°Be, which is about 38% of starch.
Sweet potato starch drying machine
5. Dewatering of refined starch milk
Dewatering of refined starch milk is to remove the excess water by means rotary vacuum filter, after dewatering, the wet sweet potato starch with water content is around 38 % .
6. Starch drying
The starch drying machine will dry the wet starch with hot air in few seconds. Then, the starch is separated from hot air in cyclones. Due to short time of high temperature drying and intensive water evaporation from the starch granules, its surface is heated only to 40 °C. Dried sweet potato starch contains about 12%~13% of water content .
My company can supply the complete sweet potato starch procesing plant machine and equipment. We can design the sweet potato starch processing plant in full autoamtic or semi-auto according to different customer requirement and budget.
Leave a Message About How to start a sweet potato starch processing plant?
- Potato starch processing flow chart
- Isolation of starch from cassava process
- What vegetables are starches ?
- What's the difference between cassava flour and tapioca flour?
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- How to maintain cassava processing equipment ?
- Factors affecting the yield of sweet potato starch for sweet potato starch processing
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- How to improve cassava grating machine working efficiency for cassava processing ?
- How to maintain dewatering screw press ?
Leave a message