How to start a potato starch production plant?
Potato starch is a fine powder made by extracting starch from raw potatoes in potato starch production plant. It is very refined starch contains typical large granules and minimal protein or fat. This make the potato starch powder with clear white colour, and the cooked starch has typical characteristics of neutral taste, good clarity, high binding strength, long texture and a minimal tendency to foaming or yellowing of the solution.
Potato starch production plant
How to produce starch in potato starch production plant?
The potato starch production process includes seveal steps: potato cleaning and washing, potato wet milling, potato starch extraction, starch milk refining, dewatering of refined starch milk and starch drying.
The description of potato starch production in potato starch production plant:
1. Potato cleaning and washing step:
The washing conveyor and the special designed washing machine will washing the potato and remove the solid impurity, such as sand, small stone during the transportation in potato starch production plant.
Potato washing machine
2. Potato wet milling step:
The potato is always milled by the rasper after cutting into small piece. The purpose of the milling process in potato starch production plant is disruption of cell walls and release as much starch as possible for extracting potato starch.
3. Starch extraction step:
Centrifugal sieve and fine fiber sieve is used to separate the starch milk and the fiber for starch in potato starch production plant.
4. Starch milk refining step:
For making high quality potato starch, raw starch milk will be purified in the refining process. This involves the removal of small fibers from the starch milk and then the removal of juice water and starch milk condensation. For this purpose, the hydrocyclones are commonly used in potato starch production plant.
Refining and concentration starch milk by hydrocyclone station is the advanced technology nowadays.
5. Dewatering starch milk step:
Dewatering starch milk is to remove the excess water by rotary vacuum filter in potato starch production plant. After dewatering, the wet potato starch with moisture content around 38%.
6. Starch drying step:
The potato starch drying machine will dry the wet starch with hot air in few seconds. Then, the starch is separated from hot air in cyclones in potato starch production plant. Due to short time of high temperature drying and intensive water evaporation from the starch granules, its surface is heated only to 40 °C. The potato starch after drying with moisture content of around 13%.
Doing Company can supply the complete potato starch production plant machine and equipment. DOING engineer can design potato starch production plant od full autoamtic or semi-automatic type according to different customer requirements and budgets.
Leave a Message About How to start a potato starch production plant?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- What is potato starch used for?
- How does cassava starch production line works ?
- Sweet potato production technology for starch
- How to make cassava starch from cassava roots ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
- What is the potato starch drying machine working process ?
- Isolation of starch from cassava process
- How to remove starch from sweet potatoes ？
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to store sweet potatoes for winter ?
- Potato starch processing plant layout - water and electricity configuration
- What's the price of potato peeler machine? commercial potato peeler machine price
- Sweet potato starch processing in the Philippines
Leave a message