What is potato starch production process?
Potato starch is starch extracted from potatoes. The cells of the root tubers of the potato starch production plant contain starch grains (leucoplasts). During potato starch production process, the potatoes are crushed; the starch grains are released from the destroyed cells. The starch is then washed out and dried to powder.
Potato & potato starch
Potato starch contains typical large oval spherical granules; their size ranges between 5 and 100 μm. Potato starch is a very refined starch, containing minimal protein or fat. This gives the powder a clear white colour, and the cooked starch typical characteristics of neutral taste, good clarity, high binding strength, long texture and a minimal tendency to foaming or yellowing of the solution.
Potato starch contains approximately 800 pm phosphate bound to the starch; this increases the viscosity and gives the solution a slightly anionic character, a low gelatinization temperature and high swelling power.
Potato starch production process
Potato starch production process:
1).potatoes cleaning: Adopting screw conveyer conveying the potatoes and cleaning raw potato by dry sieve to remove the sand, weeds, dirt and other debris.
2).potatoes des-toning: Using a de-stoning machine to remove the stones in potato starch production process.
3).potatoes crushing: Rasper is used in this section to ensure fully crushing of potatoes. The decisive step for starch yield. DOING rasper breaking rate is more than 94%.
4).Centrifugal separation: Centrifuge sieve is used to separate the fibers out of starch slurry in potato starch production process.
5).Desanding: Desander cyclone is adopted for removing sand thus to endure the good taste of finished starch.
6).Hydrocyclone station: to concentrating and refining the potato starch slurry so as to remove the insoluble protein, residue soluble protein and other impurities. This is the most important step in potato starch production process which decide the potato starch quality and whiteness. DOING hydrocylone station will use 6 groups to concentrate and 12 groups refining the starch slurry.
7).Vacuum dehydrating: Vacuum filter to dewater the potato starch slurry to 38% in potato starch production process.
8).Airflow drying: DOING flash drying set is our National Patent product, with lower drying temperature technology. Which will not lead to the gelatinization of the starch.
Above are the main processing during potato starch production process. Doing Company supply the advanced processing technology of potato starch production line. Any question, please contact us.
Leave a Message
- Tips on choose cassava flour processing machine manufacturer
- How to make tapioca flour from cassava？
- How is starch extracted from cassava? How does modern cassava starch processing equipment work?
- How to dry cassava starch for processing cassava into starch?
- What is the price of cassava starch processing machine?
- What is the price of flash dryer for cassava flour/starch？
- How to buy suitable cassava flour processing machine to start cassava flour business?
- What's the cost of cassava peeling machine in Nigeria?
- How to make cassava starch at home? Handmade & Mechanical production
- How to start a cassava flour processing factory in Nigeria？
- DOING Company announcement: copyright belongs to the original creator
- DOING company wishes you a Happy New Year!
- DOING company wishes you a Merry Christmas!
- Jamaican customers signed a contract for cassava processing machine to make bammy
- Malaysian customer came to DOING to test cassava peeling machine
Leave a message