What Foods Contain Resistant Starches?
Starch drying machine
Resistant starches are found in dried beans, bananas and mangos (especially under-ripe ones), and starchy foods like potatoes, rice, and pasta that have been cooked and then cooled. Something about the cooking and cooling process converts starches into resistant starches. So, for example, a cold pasta or potato salad will contain more resistant starch than freshly cooked pasta or a baked potato.
Sourdough bread is higher in resistant starch than bread made with regular yeast. Something about the fermentation process that creates sourdough appears to alter some of the starches. The end result is that sourdough bread doesn’t create as quick an increase in blood sugar as regular bread. Cool, huh? I recently wrote about the health benefits of sourdough on my Nutrition Data Blog. I’ll include a link in the show notes
Leave a Message About What Foods Contain Resistant Starches?
- What vegetables are starches ?
- What's the difference between cassava flour and tapioca flour?
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- What is potato starch used for?
- How does cassava starch production line works ?
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- Pakistan customers visit DOING cassava starch equipment
- World potato starch production development prospect
- What are basis for cassava flour processing equipment selection ?
Leave a message