What is starchy food?
starch processing line
Starchy foods are rich providers of complex carbohydrates. They are a potent source of fiber essential to facilitate digestion. Besides, starch ought to constitute a third of a well-rounded meal.
Carbohydrates are one of the most vital nutrients required for growth and nourishment of the body. There are three common types of carbohydrates: (1) Sugars; (2) Starch; and (3) Dietary fibers. Starch, also known as amylum, contains a large number of glucose units held together by glycosidic bonds. It is considered to be the most important carbohydrate in the human diet, as man is largely dependent on starch for obtaining maximum energy needed to carry out different life processes. About one-third of the daily diet ought to comprise starchy foods.
All green plants have the ability to produce starch as an energy store. Depending on the plant, starch contains, approximately 20 to 25% amylose with the rest being amylopectin. Starch that is obtained from plants is digested by the human body, with the help of an enzyme known as gastric amylase. The digested starch is then stored in the animal cells in the form of glycogen.
Leave a Message About What is starchy food?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- What is potato starch used for?
- How does cassava starch production line works ?
- Sweet potato production technology for starch
- How to make cassava starch from cassava roots ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
- What is the potato starch drying machine working process ?
- Isolation of starch from cassava process
- How to remove starch from sweet potatoes ？
Leave a message