New Hidden High-Fructose Corn Syrup Danger Hitting Stores Soon
High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) has been identified as a major health concern. Thanks to natural health advocates and activist groups, consumers around the world are saying no to HFCS. In response, the Corn Refiners Association has decided to rename their product. The organization wants to rename "corn syrup" to "corn sugar." This would trick consumers into thinking that they are not consuming corn syrup, when they actually are.
The Corn Refiners Association claims that corn syrup is exactly the same as sugar so the title is not misleading, but research proves corn syrup is much different than sugar. Research from Princeton highlights the differences between regular table sugar and high-fructose corn syrup. Researchers found that when rats consumed HFCS, they gained significantly more weight than the rats who consumed the same amount of regular table sugar. Both groups had the same caloric intake.
Even more startling is the fact that the amount of HFCS in this study was much less than the amount that is present in even one can of soda pop. The findings show that high-fructose corn syrup is received by the body much differently than regular table sugar.
"Some people have claimed that high-fructose corn syrup is no different than other sweeteners when it comes to weight gain and obesity, but our results make it clear that this just isn't true, at least under the conditions of our tests," said psychology professor Bart Hoebel.
The name change may take up to two years, as it requires approval by the FDA. In the meantime, the Corn Refiners Association is launching a new ad campaign. The ad campaign will consist of both internet and television ads, claiming that the body recognizes corn syrup in the same way that it does regular sugar. These ads coincide with the overall agenda to give a new name and feel to corn syrup. The science shows, however, that corn syrup is not processed by the body in the same way that table sugar is. While table sugar is horrible for the body, and results in heavy insulin response (and resistance overtime, which can lead to diabetes and other problems), high-fructose corn syrup is far worse.
Corn syrup processing
Leave a Message About New Hidden High-Fructose Corn Syrup Danger Hitting Stores Soon
- Economic importance of sweet potato in the Philippines
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- World potato starch production development prospect
- What are basis for cassava flour processing equipment selection ?
- Sweet potato production technology in Pakistan
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- Overview of sweet potato starch industry in China
- How to maintain potato starch machine ?
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
Leave a message