Corn syrup vs glucose syrup
Glucose syrup and corn syrup not the same thing, but some times, they also can be take as the same thing, when use the corn as raw material to produce glucose, this time, the glucose syrup and corn syrup can be thinking as one thing. Actually, the raw material used to produce syrup usually corn starch. Next introduce the glucose syrup and corn syrup difference for you. According to the two part: application and production process.
Corn syrup application and it's production process:
The syrup produced from corn starch is commonly known as corn syrup. The United States is rich in corn. The starch industry basically uses corn as raw material, so the starch syrup they produce is basically corn syrup. The name of its starch syrup is corn, such as: corn sugar, corn syrup. Other countries also use starch from other crops as raw materials, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, wheat, cassava, etc. Therefore, the syrup produced does not necessarily include the word corn.
In the production process of corn syrup, only corn starch granules are treated with acid or enzyme to promote its decomposition into glucose, and after glucose is obtained, it is further processed into a thick syrup glucose solution. Since corn syrup is slightly acidic and reacts with baking soda to produce oxygen, it is often used in baked goods to promote the fluffy texture of foods. This syrup can also increase the volume of some products and inhibit crystallization.
Glucose syrup production process, properties and application:
Glucose syrup is a kind of starch syrup produced by using starch as raw material in the action of enzyme or acid. Its main components are glucose, maltose, maltotriose, maltotetraose and tetrasaccharide. Also known as liquid glucose, glucose syrup.
Glucose syrup application
Glucose syrup also known as dextrose. A monosaccharide containing aldehyde-based hexoses. The solid state is white crystal, slightly sweet in water, and optically active, and its aqueous solution rotates to the right. Extensive in the body, it is a component of certain disaccharides (such as sucrose, maltose, etc.) and polysaccharides (such as starch, cellulose, etc.). Glucose syrup is produced by the hydrolysis of starch. In the 1960s, glucose was produced using microbial enzymatic methods. This is a major innovation and has obvious advantages over acid hydrolysis. In the production of raw materials do not have to be refined, do not need acid, pressure equipment, and no sugar, bitter, high sugar yield. In the food industry, glucose can be produced fructose by isomerase treatment, especially fructose syrup containing 42% fructose. Its sweetness is similar to sucrose, which has become an important product in the current sugar industry.
Glucose syrup production process
The application of liquid glucose in food:
1. In the application of candy, liquid glucose syrup has a mild moderate sweetness, good resistance to crystallization, oxidation resistance, moderate viscosity, good chemical stability, widely used in the candy industry.
2. The high viscosity of liquid glucose syrup, can be used in canned fruit, fruit juice drinks and edible syrup, its viscosity improve product consistency and palatability.
3. Liquid glucose has high hygroscopicity and is used in soft candies, breads, and confectionery products to keep products soft, improve product taste, and extend shelf life.
4. Liquid glucose syrup has anti-crystallization, low freezing point, etc., used in cold drinks production, can improve the taste of the product, improve product quality.
5. As the liquid glucose has high osmotic pressure and high sweetness, it is used as a sweetener in preserves, preserves, jams, canned fruit juices, and creamy foods. It has the advantages of long shelf life and not easily changed taste.
Welcome to DOING
6. The application of liquid glucose syrup in baked goods: liquid glucose has good reducibility, low chemical stability in the neutral and alkaline conditions, easily decomposed by heat to generate colored substances, but also easy to react with the protein nitrogenous substances from the coking Brownish brown caramel is produced with a unique flavor. Due to higher fermentable sugars, it is beneficial to food fermentation in the baking industry. Liquid glucose has higher moisture absorption and higher moisture retention, which can make baked foods keep moisture constant, soft and delicious.
7. Liquid glucose syrup has similar functions and uses as high maltose syrup in the application process. It can be formulated according to customer requirements (lower maltose content of liquid glucose is about 10%-30%).
To sum up, among is the corn syrup and glucose syrup difference, mainly divided into the application and production process to introduce, they are different concepts, sometimes, the corn syrup include glucose syrup.
Leave a Message About Corn syrup vs glucose syrup
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to store sweet potatoes for winter ?
- Potato starch processing plant layout - water and electricity configuration
- Sweet potato starch processing in the Philippines
- Economic importance of cassava in Nigeria
- How to choose potato starch processing machine ？
- Sweet potato starch uses
- Tips on selecting sweet potato starch making machine manufacturer
- Potato starch uses
- Cassava grinding machine technology updating in Nigeria
Leave a message