What products can be made from cassava?
Cassava is the main crop in Africa. I'm sure you won't feel strange to cassava. But do you know what products can be made from cassava? Maybe you only know some of it, but it is not all. So let me tell you the rest of the answer.
Starch can be eaten as food, which can also be used in many industries, like the food industry(bread, drink, beer, etc), paper industry and deep processing into syrup, alcohol, etc. Cassava starch is also the most important value of products can be made from cassava.
The steps of producting cassava starch from cassava
2.Cassava flour and fufu flour
Cassava flour and fufu flour have similar processing technical. But fufu flour needs fermentation, which will make the flavor more special, and can be eaten directly if mix with water.
Cassava flour mainly industrial use for the food industry, for example, the biscuit, bread, cookies, etc. Cassava flour is a substitute good of wheat flour to some extent, which will make the taste better and also has a lower raw material cost.
Fufu flour & Cassava flour
Cassava chips can be used for ethanol processing, for animal feed, etc. The thin cassava chips can be produced with snacks with different flavors, which is also very popular in the supermarket.
Cassava chips made from cassava
Garri is a very popular staple food in West Africa, especially Nigeria, Ghana, etc. Garri can be sipped raw after frying by adding water and maybe sugar, groundnut, and milk to taste. It can also be stirred with hot water by a wooden stick. Then you can eat it with soup until it becomes smooth and edible.
In order to produce garri, the cassava tubers would be peeled, washed and grated, which then produces mash. With 2~3 days fermentation, the cassava mesh is then sifted and roasted by heating in garri fryer and it now produces garri.
White garri & Yellow garri
The above 4 products are the main and popular value products can be made from cassava. Also there are some others like cassava Attieke, Amala, cassava cake, etc. They are mainly popular is some specific country in Africa and Southeast Asia etc. If you are interested in processing any products of the above, you are also welcome to contact us. We will try our best to provide a solution to cassava processing.
Leave a Message
- How is starch extracted from cassava? How does modern cassava starch processing equipment work?
- How to dry cassava starch for processing cassava into starch?
- What is the price of cassava starch processing machine?
- What is the price of flash dryer for cassava flour/starch？
- How to buy suitable cassava flour processing machine to start cassava flour business?
- What's the cost of cassava peeling machine in Nigeria?
- How to make cassava starch at home? Handmade & Mechanical production
- How to start a cassava flour processing factory in Nigeria？
- Most asked questions：TOP 3 questions (asked about cassava flour processing machine)
- Most asked questions about cassava starch processing machine
Leave a message