Percentage of starch in a potato
Percentage of starch in a potato is 9～20%.
Generally the fresh potato ingredients: Starch: 9-20%, Protein: 0.5-2.3%, Fat: 0.1-1.1%, Crude fiber: 0.6-0.8%.
Each 100g potato nutrients: Energy: 318KJ, Calcium: 5-8mg, Phosphorus: 15-40mg, Iron: 0.4-0.8mg, Potassium: 200-340mg, Iodine: 0.8-1.2, Carotene: 12-30mg, etc.
Potato tubers contain large amounts of starch. Starch is the main source of energy for edible potatoes. Generally, early-maturing potatoes contain 11%-14% of starch, mid-late varieties contain 14%- 20% of starch, and high-starch varieties have more than 25% of tubers. Tubers also contain glucose, fructose and sucrose.
Potato starch manufacturing process
The main potato producers are China, Russia, India, Ukraine, and the United States. China is the country with the largest total potato production in the world. The potato starch manufacturing process is basically the same as the sweet potato starch production process, but the industrial production of potato starch is simpler than manual production. It is mainly organized by washing, grinding, sieving, separating proteins, washing, dehydrating and drying of raw materials. The main difference between the conventional production method and the modern production method is that the latter uses a disc centrifuge or a hydrocyclone to replace the launder to separate impurities, so that the operation can be automated and continuously processed for larger scale production, also can get higher quality potato starch products. Potato starch is widely used in textile, petroleum exploitation, feed and food industries, especially in the international and domestic food markets, so that the demand for high-precision potato starch has soared. In addition, potato starch has the irreplaceable natural properties of other starches, making it domestic. The preferred product in the outer starch deep processing industry has a broad market and promising market prospects.
Leave a Message
- The Cassava Processing Industry in Nigeria: Traditional Techniques, Technological Developments and New Opportunity
- The Cassava Processing Industry in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Economic importance of cassava in Nigeria
- Factors affecting the yield of sweet potato starch for sweet potato starch processing
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- How to maintain dewatering screw press ?
- Sweet potato starch making machine price analysis
- Economic importance of sweet potato in the Philippines
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- How is starch extracted from cassava? How does modern cassava starch processing equipment work?
- How to dry cassava starch for processing cassava into starch?
- What is the price of cassava starch processing machine?
- What is the price of flash dryer for cassava flour/starch？
- How to buy suitable cassava flour processing machine to start cassava flour business?
- How to make cassava starch at home? Handmade & Mechanical production
- How to start a cassava flour processing factory in Nigeria？
- Most asked questions about cassava starch processing machine
Leave a message