Potato starch production
The potato starch production can be divided into the following section:
(1)Screw conveyer for potato transportation process
The potato is carried besides the storage pool after weighing. Firstly, it goes through the dry sieve for removing the stones and sand in potato starch production. Then the pre-cleaned potato falls on the screw conveyer and enters into the storage pool, and the rubbish will be carried away by truck.
(2)Drum-type washer for potato washing process
For potato starch production, the remaining sand and dirt will be washed away by rolling and friction of potato washing machine. And then the potato will be sent to screw conveyer to wash by water flow for 2 times to remove the dirt, sand etc.
Potato washing machine
(3)Rasper for potato grinding process
This is the most important procedure for potato starch production. Here the potato will be crushed into potato starch slurry to release starch form potato cells.
(4)Centrifuge sieve for potato starch separating process
The potato starch slurry and potato residue is separated in this process for potato starch production, thus achieveing the separation of fibers.
(5)Desander machine for desanding process
The sand and residue will go out from the cyclone of desander because of the specific gravity in this potato starch production process. And then we can get the starch milk with less impurities.
Potato starch refining machine
(6)Hydrocyclone unit for starch slurry concentration and refining process
The starch milk from desander machine goes into the 16 stages of refining hydrocyclone station for potato starch production, and fresh water comes into the cyclone from the end of system. Firstly, starch milk is pumped into 2 stages of concentration unit to remove the water, then the condensed starch milk enter the next 12 stages of washing unit, and the overflow enters into another 2 stages of recycle unit to recycle starch. Most of the effluent with fiber is discharged out of the process, and a little part goes back to the process water system. Finally, the condensed starch slurry is pumped into the starch slurry storage tank for further potato starch production.
(7)Vacuum filter machine for starch milk dewatering process
The starch slurry is pumped into inlet tank of vacuum dewatering machine. Then the vacuum rotary drum will adsorb the starch on the drum surface and the filtrate is transferred out of the system by filtrate pump in potato starch production. The filter cake on the drum will be peeled off by peeler and then transferred to the air dryer by screw conveyor.
Potato starch dewatering machine
(8) Flash dryer for starch drying process
This is the final process for potato starch production. After dewatering, the air dryer will dry the starch to the required moisture of the commercial starch.
Leave a Message About Potato starch production
- Small scale cassava starch processing plant
- Cassava starch processing line
- Large capacity cassava cage cleaning machine
- Corn starch production line
- Starch release and seperation from potatoes
- Maize starch manufacturing process
- Corn starch making machine
- Corn starch processing plant
- Corn starch production plant
- Wheat starch processing machine
- Selection basis of automatic cassava starch processing machine
- The various value products can be made from cassava
- Processing technology in cassava flour: dry technology VS. wet technology
- How does a flash dryer work ?
- Potato starch processing flow chart
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
Leave a message