What's the uses and composition of high fructose corn syrup?
Used in Food Industry
HFCS is among the sweeteners that mostly replaced sucrose (table sugar) in the food industry. Factors include production quotas of domestic sugar, import tariff on foreign sugar, and subsidies of U.S. corn, raising the price of sucrose and lowering that of HFCS, making it cheapest for many sweetener applications.The relative sweetness of HFCS 55, used most commonly in soft drinks, is comparable to sucrose.
Because of its superficially similar sugar profile and lower price, HFCS has been used illegally to "stretch" honey. Assays to detect adulteration with HFCA use differential scanning calorimetry and other advanced testing methods
Composition of HFCS
HFCS is 24% water, the rest mainly fructose and glucose with 0–5% unprocessed glucose oligomers,HFCS 55 (≈55% fructose if water were removed) is mostly used in soft drinks; HFCS 42 is used in beverages, processed foods, cereals, and baked goods. HFCS-90 has some niche uses but mainly mixed with HFCS 42 to make HFCS 55.
Leave a Message About What's the uses and composition of high fructose corn syrup?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- What is potato starch used for?
- How does cassava starch production line works ?
- Sweet potato production technology for starch
- How to make cassava starch from cassava roots ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
- What is the potato starch drying machine working process ?
- Isolation of starch from cassava process
- How to remove starch from sweet potatoes ？
Leave a message