What is corn flour ?
corn flour (corn meal)
Corn flour is a term that can be used to refer to a number of different things, depending on geographical region and the intended use of the term. Typically, in the United States (US), corn flour refers to corn meal that has been finely ground. Throughout much of the United Kingdom (UK), corn flour is typically used to refer to corn starch, which is the starch taken from the corn grain itself.
In the US, corn flour is typically used by chefs, recipe books, and in home and professional kitchens to refer to cornmeal. Corn meal is a powder of various degrees of coarseness that consists of corn, or maize, which has been ground using one of a number of different methods. When corn meal is ground especially fine, it is often referred to as corn flour as it more closely resembles the fine powder of flour rather than the more coarse grains many people think of when considering corn meal. This type of corn meal can be used in a number of recipes and is often used on the bottoms of baked goods to make removal from ovens and baking surfaces easier.
Leave a Message About What is corn flour ?
- Cassava flour processing steps
- How is potato starch made?
- How to start a potato starch production plant?
- How do you get the starch out of potatoes ?
- What is potato starch production process?
- How to make cassava starch?
- What is High Quality Cassava Flour (HQCF) used for?
- What's the difference between cassava flour and tapioca flour?
- How to maintain sweet potato starch machine
- How to extract cassava starch?
Leave a message
Tel/Whatsapp:+86 135 2661 5783