Starch in food industries
The food industries constitute one of the largest consumers of starch and starch products. In addition, large quantities of starch are sold in the form of products sold in small packages for household use. Cassava, sago, and other tropical starches were extensively used for food before the Second World War but use declined owing to the disruption of world trade. Attempts were made to develop waxy maize as a replacement for normal non cereal starches; the production of cassava starch has increased considerably in recent years.
Natural starch is used in the food industry for one or more of the following purposes:
1. Directly as cooked starch food, custard, and other forms.
2. As thickeners, using the paste properties of starch (soups, baby foods, sauces, and gravies, etc.).
3. As fillers, contributing to the solid content of soups, pills, and tablets, and other pharmaceutical products, face cream, etc.
4. As binders, to consolidate the mass and prevent it from drying out during cooking (sausages and processed meats).
5 .As stabilizers, owing to the high water holding capacity of starch .
Leave a Message About Starch in food industries
- Economic importance of sweet potato in the Philippines
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- World potato starch production development prospect
- What are basis for cassava flour processing equipment selection ?
- Sweet potato production technology in Pakistan
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- Overview of sweet potato starch industry in China
- How to maintain potato starch machine ?
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
Leave a message
Tel/Whatsapp:+86 135 2661 5783