Starch refining machine introduction
The description of starch refining machine:
It remains to purify the crude starch slurry (suspension) and remove residual fruit juice and impurities. The way it is done is more or less based on the same principles used when removing soapy water from the laundry - you wring and soak in clean water repeatedly. Everyone doing laundry realises how often it is necessary to wring before the rinsing water is all clear, and that the harder you wring the fewer rinsing steps are required.
In the same way the starch slurry is diluted and concentrated again and again. With hydrocyclones it is feasible to reduce fibre and juice to low levels with a minimum of fresh water. To save rinsing water the wash is done counter currently - i.e. the incoming fresh water is used on the very last step and the overflow is reused for dilution on the previous step, and so on.
Increasing the number of hydrocyclone refining steps may accomplish considerable savings of fresh water. This is one of the advantages of using hydrocyclones. Dual refining lines represent the ultimate design.
In the strong gravitational fields of a hydrocyclone and a centrifuge, the starch settles quickly, while fibres (pulp residuals) just float in the water. Fibres with adhering air bubbles are lighter than water and seek towards the overflow. Fibres with starch granules enclosed are heavier and sink towards the underflow and mix with the starch. The juice is directly diluted in the water and goes with the water phase. Refining is based on the differences in weight density between water, fibres, and starch.
By creating a water flow moving towards the starch, lots of fibres that are floating in the water may be forced into the overflow. Soil, sand, and many fungi, etc. are of equal density, or heavier than starch and it is not possible to separate these particles from starch by centrifugal force. That is why it is so important to remove as many impurities as possible from the tuber surface in the washing station. If the inlet concentration gets too high, even lighter particles may be retained because of plug flow conditions occurring.
Although some impurities go with the starch in the underflow, there is, by means of a sieve, a last chance to remove the larger particles.
Impurities not removed this way are not removable by any known technique
Leave a Message About Starch refining machine introduction
- DOING tapioca starch processing machine sales to Liberia
- Pakistan customers visit DOING cassava starch equipment
- Doing Company celebrates Women's Day in 2019
- Cassava starch equipment ordered by Australian customer successfully delivered
- How to improve cassava grating machine working efficiency for cassava processing ?
- Automated vacuum dehydrator introduction
- What is the working process of hydrocyclone separator ?
- Doing Company Annual Meeting to Celebrate 2019 New Year
- DOING technical seminar for mechanical engineers
- Cassava flour processing flow chart
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
Leave a message