World potato starch production development prospect
According to a report by Technavio, the compound annual growth rate of world potato starch production processing market will increase by 4.05% between 2016 and 2021.
The International Potato Center (CIP) says that less than 50% of the globally grown potatoes are used for fresh potato consumption. The rest are processed into potato food and food ingredients, used for animal feeding, reused as seed tubers or processed into starch for industrial and other uses.
On the other hand, food processors are showing a strong interest in newly developed starch types and applications, as well as the market's growing demand for such products.
According to the recent "2022 Global Industrial Starch Market Forecast" report by MarketsandMarkets, the global industrial starch market is expected to reach 113.9 metric tons and $106.64 billion by 2022, so world potato starch production faces many opportunities.
One of the drivers of increasing demand for starch is the rise of the industrial starch market in the Asia Pacific region, particularly in China and India. China's starch consumption accounts for half of the region's starch consumption, most of which is due to the growing demand for baked goods in Europe.
Potato starch uses
In addition, the application of potato starch for the food industry is evolving in ways that were almost unimaginable more than a decade ago – from bakeries and confectionery to soups and sauces, ready-to-eat meals, dairy products and other starch-containing various manufactured food.
Moreover, the benefits of potato-derived products to the human body are difficult to achieve with other products – such as reduced fat, enhanced texture and taste, and elimination of gluten.
World potato starch production is gluten-free and is very beneficial for people who are intolerant to gluten or sensitive to wheat. It also helps lower plasma cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations while increasing satiety and can even help the body reduce fat storage.
The process of making potato starch
Analysis of the value-added potential of deep processing of world potato starch production
With its unique characteristics, potato starch and its derivatives are unique additives, reinforcing agents, binders, etc. in textile, paper, chemical, building materials and other fields;
At present, countries have developed hundreds of nutritious and delicious foods made with potato starch and other foods. According to estimates of world potato starch production, the processing of potato starch into lactic acid can increase its value by 3 times; the production of superabsorbent resin can increase its value by 8 times; the production of cyclodextrin can increase its value by 20 times; the production of bio-adhesive can increase its value in more than 60 times. It can be seen that potato starch has very high development value and broad market prospects.
Leave a Message
- The Cassava Processing Industry in Nigeria: Traditional Techniques, Technological Developments and New Opportunity
- The Cassava Processing Industry in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Economic importance of cassava in Nigeria
- Factors affecting the yield of sweet potato starch for sweet potato starch processing
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- How to maintain dewatering screw press ?
- Sweet potato starch making machine price analysis
- Economic importance of sweet potato in the Philippines
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- How to make cassava starch at home? Handmade & Mechanical production
- How to start a cassava flour processing factory in Nigeria？
- Most asked questions about cassava starch processing machine
- Most asked questions：TOP 3 questions (asked about cassava flour processing machine)
- How to process cassava in Nigeria by the modern cassava processing machine？
- How long does it take to process cassava in Nigeria?
- Selection basis of automatic cassava starch processing machine
- What products can be made from cassava?
Leave a message