The Cassava Processing Industry in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Among the staple food crops in Africa (including maize, sorghum, millet, beans, potatoes and bananas), cassava is not only least-sensitivity for climate conditions but also high-adaptable for climate change. The Democratic Republic of the Congo is the No.2 cultivated cassava area in Africa and the people are highly depend on the cassava.
The Cassava Processing industry includes cassava flour, cassava starch and other local foods, etc. There are not big cassava starch processing factories in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. In contrast, the cassava flour processing industry likes a raging fire. Because cassava flour can be used for baking bread and cakes.
Cassava flour processing industry likes a raging fire in Democratic Republic of the Congo
Several yeas ago, when it comes to cassava flour processing industry, it maybe a grunt work. Women in the village used to pound the cassava by hands to make flour in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It usually spends 2 weeks making cassava flour by traditional ways. Now it takes about 5 days. And because the final cassava flour is whiter, drier and more hygienic, the price is higher.
At present, with the encouragement of the local government, more and more investors start to invest small or big scale high quality cassava flour processing factories. The new processing units are making things easier and more cost-effective.
If it is a small scale cassava flour processing factory, after the harvest, villagers peel and clean the cassava, then put them into the machine so cassava can be sliced into micro-chips. After going through the cassava flour processing machines, the micro-chips are soaked in clean water and removed some toxins. Finally the micro-chips will be dried in the sun.
Some steps can be finished by manual operation in small scale cassava flour processing factory
If it is a large scale cassava flour processing factory, there are no need peeling by manual operatuon. All steps can be finished by cassava flour processing machine. It only takes about 10 minutes in the whole cassava flour processing which is also very popular in DRC market now.
Automatic cassava flour processing factory
The Cassava Processing Industry in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is on the rise, there are numerous opportunities in it. More and more people are to scramble for the blooming cassava processing industry. If you are interested in cassava processing industry, welcome to contact us.
Leave a Message
- The Cassava Processing Industry in Nigeria: Traditional Techniques, Technological Developments and New Opportunity
- The Cassava Processing Industry in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Economic importance of cassava in Nigeria
- Factors affecting the yield of sweet potato starch for sweet potato starch processing
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- How to maintain dewatering screw press ?
- Sweet potato starch making machine price analysis
- Economic importance of sweet potato in the Philippines
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- Tips on choose cassava flour processing machine manufacturer
- How to make tapioca flour from cassava？
- How is starch extracted from cassava? How does modern cassava starch processing equipment work?
- How to dry cassava starch for processing cassava into starch?
- What is the price of cassava starch processing machine?
- What is the price of flash dryer for cassava flour/starch？
- How to buy suitable cassava flour processing machine to start cassava flour business?
- How to make cassava starch at home? Handmade & Mechanical production
Leave a message