The Cassava Processing Industry in Nigeria: Traditional Techniques, Technological Developments and New Opportunity
The severely underdeveloped cassava processing industry in Nigeria
Although Nigeria is the largest cassava producer, the country's capacity to process cassava is very limited. Usually cassava is made for different products as staple food ( garri, fufu, etc.) rather than a cash crop in Nigeria. Processing cassava into starch and other industrial products accounts for just 10% of total cassava output. Up to now, Nigeria still need to spend millions each year importing cassava starch, glucose and so on. All of this is because of the backwardness of production technology for cassava processing. However, with time going by, the things are getting better.
The Cassava Processing Industry in Nigeria
Traditional techniques and technological developments for cassava processing industry in Nigeria
Cassava can be processed into many products. For example, garri, cassava flour and cassava starch. Generally, cassava processing steps include washing and peeling, grinding, dewatering, fermentation, and frying. Traditionally, rural women are more involved in cassava processing in Nigeria. These steps are done by manual labor. Manual cassava processing is time consuming and tedious. As technology advanced, total manual cassava processing is gradually replaced by some small scale machines. Compared with manual operation, semi-automatic cassava processing in Nigeria can efficiently save time and get high quality cassava final products. Now more and more people choose to start cassava processing business by automatic cassava processing machine to get more profit. This is a transition phase which means the technology is improving. But despite the age of automation and modernization provides more convenience, as a culture, we still can not erase the brilliant craft was created by the more long era. DOING company new design cassava processing machine can boost the quality and greatly shorten the production cycle. Modern machines will build blocks for your cassava processing business.
Manual cassava processing and automatic cassava processing in Nigeria
The new opportunity for cassava processing industry in Nigeria
The cassava processing industry in Nigeria is with great potential. Improving cassava processing capacity and building business value chain to start commercial cassava production can unlock all this great potential for cassava processing industry in Nigeria. The modern cassava processing machine will make it a possibility.
Henan Doing Mechanical Equipment Co., Ltd is devoted to designing and manufacturing cassava deep processing machine. We establish the cassava processing plant, ranging from cassava flour production, cassava starch production and garri processing machine. We believe DOING company’s cassava processing machine will lift the bridge with strong arms for your business. If you want to start your cassava processing industry in Nigeria, DOING company is willing to be your partner.
Leave a Message
- The Cassava Processing Industry in Nigeria: Traditional Techniques, Technological Developments and New Opportunity
- The Cassava Processing Industry in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Economic importance of cassava in Nigeria
- Factors affecting the yield of sweet potato starch for sweet potato starch processing
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- How to maintain dewatering screw press ?
- Sweet potato starch making machine price analysis
- Economic importance of sweet potato in the Philippines
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- Tips on choose cassava flour processing machine manufacturer
- How to make tapioca flour from cassava？
- How is starch extracted from cassava? How does modern cassava starch processing equipment work?
- How to dry cassava starch for processing cassava into starch?
- What is the price of cassava starch processing machine?
- What is the price of flash dryer for cassava flour/starch？
- How to buy suitable cassava flour processing machine to start cassava flour business?
- How to make cassava starch at home? Handmade & Mechanical production
Leave a message