What is the working process of hydrocyclone separator ?
Hydrocyclone separator for starch refining is based on the difference in specific density of water, fibres and starch. The following is the density of starch, fibers and water:
|Content||Specific density g/ml|
|Cell walls (fibres)||1,05|
|Soil, sand||above 2|
In the strong gravitational fields of a hydrocyclone separator, starch settle quickly, while fibres (pulp residuals) just float in the water. The juice is directly diluted in the water and goes with the water phase.
By creating a water flow moving towards the starch, lots of fibres just floating in the water may be forced into the overflow in hydrocyclone separator. Soil, sand and many fungi etc. are of equal density or heavier than starch and it is not possible to separate these particles from starch by centrifugal force - that is why it is so important to remove as many impurities as possible from the potato surface in the washing station.
Although some impurities go with the starch in the underflow, there is - by means of a sieve - a last chance to remove the larger particles - that is particles larger than 125 microns. The particles are not spherical. On the contrary, they are of irregular shape and may be forced through refining sieve, if the spray pressure is too high.
Impurities not removed this way are not removable by any known technique.
In the recovery steps of hydrocyclone separator, all starch has to be retained in the underflow so only very little is wasted in the effluent (fruit water)
Leave a Message
- DOING Company announcement: copyright belongs to the original creator
- DOING company wishes you a Happy New Year!
- DOING company wishes you a Merry Christmas!
- Jamaican customers signed a contract for cassava processing machine to make bammy
- Malaysian customer came to DOING to test cassava peeling machine
- Cassava flour processing machine price
- The after-sales service in DOING company to keep customers satisfied
- The customer from Jamaica visits DOING cassava processing machine
- 5 sets of cassava cleaning machine dry sieves are shipped to Nigeria
- Henan DOING company will attend China Commodities Expo-Nigeria 2019 in Lagos, Nigeria
- What should we consider when buying cassava starch processing machine?
- Tips on choose cassava flour processing machine manufacturer
- How to make tapioca flour from cassava？
- How is starch extracted from cassava? How does modern cassava starch processing equipment work?
- How to dry cassava starch for processing cassava into starch?
- What is the price of cassava starch processing machine?
- What is the price of flash dryer for cassava flour/starch？
- How to buy suitable cassava flour processing machine to start cassava flour business?
Leave a message