What products can I make by processing cassava roots?
Cassava is drought-resistant and widely planted in more than 100 countries or regions in Africa, America and Asia. It is the food for nearly 600 million people in the world. As cassava consumption increases, cassava is processed into different products such as garri, cassava flour, cassava fufu flour, cassava starch and cassava chips.
Different cassava products
Garri is a popular West African food made from cassava tubers. The process of making garri is as follows: cassava cleaning and washing, peeling, grating, fermentation, dewatering, frying and sieving. Normally garri is in white color, by adding palm oil you can get yellow garri.
Cassava flour is a gluten-free flour made from the cassava roots, which is native to South America and grown in tropical and sub-tropical regions. Cassava flour can be used for production of food like noodles, biscuit, bread, etc. Machines from Henan Jinrui Company adopt worldwide advanced wet processing technology. Fresh cassava roots are used as raw material and complete line can achieve large scale and continuous production. The procedures of producing cassava flour is as follows: fresh cassava roots cleaning, washing, peeling, cutting, crushing, desanding, dewatering, drying and sieving.
End products of cassava
3.Cassava fufu flour
Cassava fufu flour is similar to cassava flour. The only difference is that fufu flour production includes fermentation process. Therefore, the processing of fufu flour production is: cassava cleaning and washing, peeling, cutting, fermentation, crushing, desanding, dewatering, drying and sieving. Fermentation times and temperatures vary from country to country.
Cassava starch is a powder obtained from cassava after starch extraction, dewatering and drying. It is widely used in food and non-food production fields like paper making, printing, textile, cosmetics, additives, ethanol, etc. The steps to process cassava starch is as follows: cassava cleaning and washing, cutting, crushing, fiber removing, desanding, starch refining, dewatering, drying and sieving.
Dried cassava chips can be used for animal feed or ethanol production. After cassava roots are harvested, people can simply clean and peel cassava, and then use chipping machine to slice cassava. After drying, cassava chips can be stored for longer time.
Choose cassava processing machine
The above are the main products that can be made from cassava processing. In addition to the above list, there are other cassava products like attieke, bammy, etc. If you have plans to produce such a product, please feel free to contact us for more details about the machine. Henan Jinrui Company will provide you with suitable solutions according to your requirements.
- What is the use of cassava starch and what capacity can it be applied?
- Four specific requirements for site selection of sweet potato starch processing plants
- What market preparations need to be done before the tapioca starch processing plant is built?
- What is mini gari production machine? How much is it?
- Key points you need to know about cassava flour processing
- How long does it take to set up a potato starch processing plant?
- What products can I make by processing cassava roots?
- What is the price of cassava slicer machine?
- What services can customers receive after purchasing cassava processing equipment from Henan Jinrui Company?
- Cassava flour processing process flow diagram introduction
- The tapioca peeling machine produced by Henan Jinrui has been packaged and will be sent to Uganda
- The customer from Cameroon order 1tpd garri processing machine from Henan Jinrui
- American customers order garri processing machines from Jinrui again
- 2tons per hour potato starch making machine were successfully delivered to Heilongjiang