Corn syrup uses
Corn syrup's major uses in commercially prepared foods are as a thickener, a sweetener and as a humectant – an ingredient that retains moisture and thus maintains a food's freshness.
In the United States, cane sugar quotas raise the price of sugar; hence, domestically produced corn syrup and high-fructose corn syrup are less costly alternatives that are often used in American-made processed and mass-produced foods, candies, soft drinks and fruit drinks.
Glucose syrup was the primary corn sweetener in the United States prior to the expanded use of high fructose corn syrup production. HFCS is a variant in which other enzymes are used to convert some of the glucose into fructose. The resulting syrup is sweeter and more soluble. Corn syrup is also available as a retail product.
If mixed with sugar, water and cream of tartar corn syrup can be used to make sugar glass.
Leave a Message About Corn syrup uses
- Economic importance of sweet potato in the Philippines
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- World potato starch production development prospect
- What are basis for cassava flour processing equipment selection ?
- Sweet potato production technology in Pakistan
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- Overview of sweet potato starch industry in China
- How to maintain potato starch machine ?
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
Leave a message