Nature of high fructose corn syrup
High fructose corn syrup
High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) (also called glucose-fructose, glucose and glucose-fructose syrup) is a sweetener made from corn starch that has been processed by glucose isomerase to convert some of its glucose into fructose. HFCS was first marketed in the early 1970s by the Clinton Corn Processing Company, together with the Japanese research institute where the enzyme was discovered.
HFCS is used worldwide as a sweetener as it is easier to handle than granulated sugar, and since the price of the raw material, corn, is more stable due to government subsidies and a wider worldwide base of production, than sugar cane. Use of HFCS peaked in the late 1990s; demand decreased due to public concern about a possible link between HFCS and metabolic diseases like obesity and diabetes.
The Corn Refiners Association has attempted to counter negative public perceptions by marketing campaigns describing HFCS as "natural" and by attempting to change the name of the product to "corn sugar," which the FDA rejected.
Leave a Message About Nature of high fructose corn syrup
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- World potato starch production development prospect
- What are basis for cassava flour processing equipment selection ?
- Sweet potato production technology in Pakistan
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- Overview of sweet potato starch industry in China
- How to maintain potato starch machine ?
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to store sweet potatoes for winter ?
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
Leave a message