Uses of High Maltose Corn Syrup
High Maltose corn syrup equipment
High Maltose Corn Syrup, or HMCS, is a syrup made from corn starch that contains maltose and glucose.
Unlike High Fructose Corn Syrup it contains no fructose at all, and must therefore be considered as a far safer sweetener. Unfortunately it sounds like High Fructose Corn Syrup, and is made in a similar process, so it naturally arouses suspicion.
However, this is simply a case of guilt by association, HMCS does not pose the same health risks, and in some ways could be considered even superior to cane sugar or honey as it contains no fructose at all. Because it is not very sweet it is of limited use as a sweetener in it's own right. However It has some characteristics which make it very useful in the food industry.
Uses of High Maltose Corn Syrup:
1. It acts as a preservative, it prolongs the shelf life of products.
2. It is less humectant than other sugars, so it can be used as a coating in candies and is less inclined to become sticky.
4. It feeds yeast and assists with baking and rising of bread.
5. It is used in the brewing industry
6. It has a lower freezing point than other sugars and so is useful as an ingredient in frozen foods.
Leave a Message About Uses of High Maltose Corn Syrup
- Economic importance of sweet potato in the Philippines
- What is the price of cassava grater machine ?
- Using automated potato starch processing equipment for starch production is a trend
- World potato starch production development prospect
- What are basis for cassava flour processing equipment selection ?
- Sweet potato production technology in Pakistan
- What is the cost of cassava processing equipment ?
- Overview of sweet potato starch industry in China
- How to maintain potato starch machine ?
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
Leave a message