Uses of High Maltose Corn Syrup
High Maltose corn syrup equipment
High Maltose Corn Syrup, or HMCS, is a syrup made from corn starch that contains maltose and glucose.
Unlike High Fructose Corn Syrup it contains no fructose at all, and must therefore be considered as a far safer sweetener. Unfortunately it sounds like High Fructose Corn Syrup, and is made in a similar process, so it naturally arouses suspicion.
However, this is simply a case of guilt by association, HMCS does not pose the same health risks, and in some ways could be considered even superior to cane sugar or honey as it contains no fructose at all. Because it is not very sweet it is of limited use as a sweetener in it's own right. However It has some characteristics which make it very useful in the food industry.
Uses of High Maltose Corn Syrup:
1. It acts as a preservative, it prolongs the shelf life of products.
2. It is less humectant than other sugars, so it can be used as a coating in candies and is less inclined to become sticky.
4. It feeds yeast and assists with baking and rising of bread.
5. It is used in the brewing industry
6. It has a lower freezing point than other sugars and so is useful as an ingredient in frozen foods.
Leave a Message About Uses of High Maltose Corn Syrup
- How to set up cassava processing plant ? Cassava processing plant layout design
- How to store sweet potatoes for winter ?
- Potato starch processing plant layout - water and electricity configuration
- Sweet potato starch processing in the Philippines
- Economic importance of cassava in Nigeria
- How to choose potato starch processing machine ？
- Sweet potato starch uses
- Tips on selecting sweet potato starch making machine manufacturer
- Potato starch uses
- Cassava grinding machine technology updating in Nigeria
Leave a message