What is the working process of hydrocyclone separator ?
Hydrocyclone separator for starch refining is based on the difference in specific density of water, fibres and starch. The following is the density of starch, fibers and water:
|Content||Specific density g/ml|
|Cell walls (fibres)||1,05|
|Soil, sand||above 2|
In the strong gravitational fields of a hydrocyclone separator, starch settle quickly, while fibres (pulp residuals) just float in the water. The juice is directly diluted in the water and goes with the water phase.
By creating a water flow moving towards the starch, lots of fibres just floating in the water may be forced into the overflow in hydrocyclone separator. Soil, sand and many fungi etc. are of equal density or heavier than starch and it is not possible to separate these particles from starch by centrifugal force - that is why it is so important to remove as many impurities as possible from the potato surface in the washing station.
Although some impurities go with the starch in the underflow, there is - by means of a sieve - a last chance to remove the larger particles - that is particles larger than 125 microns. The particles are not spherical. On the contrary, they are of irregular shape and may be forced through refining sieve, if the spray pressure is too high.
Impurities not removed this way are not removable by any known technique.
In the recovery steps of hydrocyclone separator, all starch has to be retained in the underflow so only very little is wasted in the effluent (fruit water)
Leave a Message
- The customer from Jamaica visits DOING cassava processing machine
- 5 sets of cassava cleaning machine dry sieves are shipped to Nigeria
- Henan DOING company will attend China Commodities Expo-Nigeria 2019 in Lagos, Nigeria
- Small scale cassava flour processing machine was delivered to the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Doing Company Annual Meeting to Celebrate 2019 New Year
- Congratulation! Doing Company seventh anniversary
- Customer from Ghana visit DOING for cassava starch processing machine
- Doing Company departmental exchange meeting
- Doing Garri Processing Machine Delivered to Nigeria
- What is the working process of hydrocyclone separator ?
- Most asked questions about cassava starch processing machine
- Most asked questions：TOP 3 questions (asked about cassava flour processing machine)
- How to process cassava in Nigeria by the modern cassava processing machine？
- How long does it take to process cassava in Nigeria?
- Selection basis of automatic cassava starch processing machine
- What products can be made from cassava?
- Processing technology in cassava flour: dry technology VS. wet technology
- How does a flash dryer work ?
Leave a message