What is the working process of hydrocyclone separator ?
Hydrocyclone separator for starch refining is based on the difference in specific density of water, fibres and starch. The following is the density of starch, fibers and water:
|Content||Specific density g/ml|
|Cell walls (fibres)||1,05|
|Soil, sand||above 2|
In the strong gravitational fields of a hydrocyclone separator, starch settle quickly, while fibres (pulp residuals) just float in the water. The juice is directly diluted in the water and goes with the water phase.
By creating a water flow moving towards the starch, lots of fibres just floating in the water may be forced into the overflow in hydrocyclone separator. Soil, sand and many fungi etc. are of equal density or heavier than starch and it is not possible to separate these particles from starch by centrifugal force - that is why it is so important to remove as many impurities as possible from the potato surface in the washing station.
Although some impurities go with the starch in the underflow, there is - by means of a sieve - a last chance to remove the larger particles - that is particles larger than 125 microns. The particles are not spherical. On the contrary, they are of irregular shape and may be forced through refining sieve, if the spray pressure is too high.
Impurities not removed this way are not removable by any known technique.
In the recovery steps of hydrocyclone separator, all starch has to be retained in the underflow so only very little is wasted in the effluent (fruit water)
Leave a Message About What is the working process of hydrocyclone separator ?
- DOING tapioca starch processing machine sales to Liberia
- Pakistan customers visit DOING cassava starch equipment
- Doing Company celebrates Women's Day in 2019
- Cassava starch equipment ordered by Australian customer successfully delivered
- How to improve cassava grating machine working efficiency for cassava processing ?
- Automated vacuum dehydrator introduction
- What is the working process of hydrocyclone separator ?
- Doing Company Annual Meeting to Celebrate 2019 New Year
- DOING technical seminar for mechanical engineers
- Cassava flour processing flow chart
- How to remove starch from cassava ?
- How to process high quality cassava flour ?
- Modern rice milling process
- Glucose syrup production process
- What is the process of production of starch from potato ?
- How to make cassava flour in nigeria ?
- How to make high quality cassava flour ?
- How to separate potato starch ?
Leave a message