How much do you know about hydrocyclones
Refining is based on the difference in specific density of water, fibres and starch:
|Specific density g/ml|
|Cell walls (fibres)||1,05|
|Soil, sand||above 2|
By creating a water flow moving towards the starch, lots of fibres just floating in the water may be forced into the overflow. Soil, sand and many fungi etc. are of equal density or heavier than starch and it is not possible to separate these particles from starch by centrifugal force - that is why it is so important to remove as many impurities as possible from the potato surface in the washing station.
Although some impurities go with the starch in the underflow, there is - by means of a sieve - a last chance to remove the larger particles - that is particles larger than 125 microns. The particles are not spherical. On the contrary, they are of irregular shape and may be forced through refining sieve, if the spray pressure is too high.
Impurities not removed this way are not removable by any known technique.
In the recovery steps all starch has to be retained in the underflow so only very little is wasted in the effluent (fruit water)
Leave a Message About How much do you know about hydrocyclones
- What's the price of potato peeler machine? commercial potato peeler machine price
- DOING cassava peeling machine sales to Ghana
- Potato starch machinery supplier
- Cassava starch machine and cassava flour processing machine manufacturer
- Cassava flour production process
- Cassava flour processing machine price
- Sweet potato starch processing plant price
- New technology corn glucose manufacturing plant
- 2016 Abuja international cassava processing machine exhibition
- Doing Company starch extraction technology developed
Leave a message