How is potato starch processed from potato?
Potato starch is extracted from potatoes which have a high starch content. Potato starch has been widely used in the production of various cuisines, such as cakes, cooking, pasta and so on. Although we often use it in our daily life, some of us are not familiar with how to process potatoes into potato starch, please let this article answer for you!The potato starch production process mainly includes the following six parts: cleaning, grinding, separating, refining, dewatering and drying.
Potato starch production process
①Cleaning: remove impurities attached to the surface of cassava raw materials
Put the fresh potato raw material in dry sieve to remove the surface mud and sand. It's the first step of potato starch process and very important for the quality of final potato starch.After that, the rotary washing machine is used to make complete washing.
②Grinding: grind the potato into the smooth potato slurry
Using the rasper to crush the washed potato into the slurry and separate to remove the coarse potato residues to obtain uniformly smooth potato slurry. The rasper and all food contact areas should be made from stainless steel.
③Separating: separate fine potato residues from potato slurry
Centrifuge sieve and fine fiber sieve are widely used in the extraction of potato starch.They carry out the physical operation to separate fine potato residues from potato slurry. Oversize particles of potato residues cannot pass through the lattice structure of them, while fluid and small particles of potato slurry can pass through to become filtrate.
④Refining: refine the potato starch slurry into pure starch milk
The starch slurry will get into the hydro-cyclone station,where the starch slurry is concentrated and refined by the counter-current flow. The refined and purified starch milk will be collected into stirred starch tank.
Potato starch processing machine
⑤Dewatering: dewater the pure starch milk into wet potato starch
Dewatering the pure starch milk to the low water content of 35-40% by the vacuum filter with principle of vacuum suction filtration. Ensure sufficient water has been removed, otherwise, the starch will form into lumps during drying.
⑥drying: dry the wet potato starch into qualified potato starch
Flash dryer is used to dry the wet starch into dried starch with low moisture content effectively. The flash dryer adopts the principle of heat transfer exchange,so the drying process is more reliable and of higher quality. After drying,you may get the qualified potato starch.
Henan Jinrui Company's potato starch machine extraction rate can reach 94%.We can not only offer you the price lists of all kinds of potato starch processing machine, but also arrange the factory visit, operator training activities,etc. If you want to purchase potato starch processing machine or know more detailed information, welcome to email or call Henan Jinrui Company at any time.
- What operation will ensure that we get high quality cassava starch？
- What are the problems existing in sweet potato starch processing industry? How to solve these problems?
- How to ensure cassava flour processing equipment runs smoothly in cassava processing factory?
- Is tapioca flour processing equipment the same as tapioca starch processing equipment?
- How to convert potato into potato starch quickly and conveniently?
- The standards of sanitation and construction needed to start a cassava starch processing plant
- Why is the price of sweet potato starch processing equipment so different?
- What should be paid attention to while choosing sweet potato starch processing machine?
- How to produce starch from tapioca?
- How do you get starch from cassava?
- Three reasons to choose Jinrui's cassava starch processing machine
- How about the market potential of cassava starch processing industry?
- Why is the tapioca starch processing line so popular?
- Client in Nigeria bought cassava flour processing machine again from Henan Jinrui !
- How to start garri processing business in Nigeria?