How to start garri processing business in Ghana？
In the article, we shall be discussing about how to start garri processing business in Ghana. And we hope that this can give you an idea of how to set up a garri processing factory. Kindly stay with us, we will give introduction step by step.
Factory for garri business
Garri is kind of edible food in West Africa countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leon, Liberia, Benin, etc. It is very popular among local foods and is indispensable in daily life. It can be used in soup or mixed with sugar, milk etc.
Garri is produced from raw cassava by the process of cleaning, washing, peeling, grating, fermentation, dewatering and frying. All the process can be finished by manual or mechanical.
Generally garri can be divided into white garri and yellow garri. By normal process, you can get white garri. But if you add palm oil in frying process, you can get yellow garri. Besides, you can get different garri produced according to the fermentation time. The longer fermentation time, the higher sour taste of final garri. You can decide garri variety to produce based on local preference.
After learning the importance and market of garri in West Africa countries. Are you more interested in garri processing business? If yes, please reading follow me. I'll explain what you need to do when you prepare to set up a garri processing factory.
The 3D image of garri processing machine
NEEDFUL THINGS FOR A GARRI PROCESSING FACTORY
Ensure raw cassava supply
Cassava roots are planted all through the year in Ghana. You can buy cassava easily whenever you need. But if you want to build up a garri processing factory, you need to ensure stable and adequate supply. You can grow cassava in your own farm or cooperate with local farmers, both are good choice.
Choose a suitable place for setting garri processing factory
You should find one site where water and electricity are available. And it’s better to be closed to raw material source. What’s more, the roads to sales market should be smooth. The area size of the land depends on how large of factory you want to set up.
Raise sufficient capital
Capital needed for building up a garri processing factory include cost for machines, workshop construction, workers salary and running cost. Normally small scale garri plant price range is around 20,000usd. The larger capacity, the more finance investment. But garri production has high profit, you can earn money back after running factory for a period of time.
Garri processing machines
Purchase garri processing machines
The following are machines for starting garri processing business in Ghana:
a.Cassava cleaning machine---dry sieve
b.Cassava washing machine---paddle washer
c.Cassava peeling machine
d.Cassava grating machine
e.Dewatering machine---hydraulic presser
f.Garri frying machine
g.Sieving machine---vibration sieve
Of course, there are still many detailed problems to be resolved in the construction of the garri processing factory, so I will not go into details here. As a professional and experienced cassava garri processing machine supplier, HENAN JINRUI can solve these problems for you. If you wanna to start garri processing business in Ghana, feel free to contact us for more details of machines.
- How gari is produced from cassava?
- How to purchase cassava processing machine when the budget is limited?
- How to start garri processing business in Ghana？
- Is there any small sized cassava flour production equipment? How much is it?
- What preparations need to be done to build a small cassava starch processing plant in Nigeria?
- What is the function of flash dryer in manioc flour processing plant? How does it work?
- What's the cost of cassava peeling machine in Nigeria?
- What is the function of hydraulic press machine in garri production line?
- How to make tapioca flour from cassava？
- How sweet potato starch are produced in starch processing plant?
- A customer in Fiji ordered 1 TPD garri processing machine from Henan Jinrui
- Cassava chipping machine and hammer crusher delivered to Myanmar from HENAN JINRUI factory
- Côte d'Ivoire client ordered a 1 ton per hour cassava hammer milling machine from HENAN JINRUI
- American customer successfully purchased garri milling equipment from HENAN JINRUI
- Small sized garri processing machine are delivering to Nigeria