What's the difference between cassava flour and tapioca flour?
Cassava flour is gaining momentum as a “go-to” gluten-free, grain-free flour. And it’s not surprising when you consider that those who follow restricted diets typically have to blend several flours to achieve the same consistency as wheat flour.
While sometimes the terms cassava flour and tapioca flour are used interchangeably, there are in fact distinct differences. Tapioca is a starch extracted from the cassava root through a process of washing and pulping. The wet pulp is then squeezed to extract a starchy liquid. Once all the water evaporates from the starchy liquid, the tapioca flour remains.
Cassava flour VS tapioca flour
Alternatively, cassava flour is the whole root, simply peeled, dried and ground. This means it has more dietary fiber than tapioca flour – and allows me to make cassava flour tortillas, which would not be possible with tapioca flour.
Cassava is mainly distributed in Africa, which is an important source of edible amylum. Besides, the cassava can be engaged in producing various products of cassava starch, cassava flour, cassava pellet, cassava juice, cassava chips through cassava milling machines. Our company will be able to help entrepreneurs to build cassava flour or starch processing plant. We will provide project execution, profit and market analysis, cassava processing facilities and equipments and so on. We have much experience and advanced technique as our important foundation.
The roots of cassava are the major constraint, which deteriorate rapidly. Cassava roots have 24-48 hours shelf-life after harvest, so the roots have to be processed within 2 to 3 days from harvest. This processing requires equipments for peeling, grating, boiling, fermenting, drying, frying and milling.
Leave a Message
- What's the cost of cassava peeling machine in Nigeria
- Most asked questions：TOP 3 questions (asked about cassava flour processing machine)
- Most asked questions about cassava starch processing machine
- What products can be made from cassava?
- How to process cassava in Nigeria by the modern cassava processing machine？
- How long does it take to process cassava in Nigeria?
- Selection basis of automatic cassava starch processing machine
- Processing technology in cassava flour: dry technology VS. wet technology
- How does a flash dryer work ?
- Potato starch processing flow chart
- The customer from Jamaica visits DOING cassava processing machine
- The Cassava Processing Industry in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- 5 sets of cassava cleaning machine dry sieves are shipped to Nigeria
- Henan DOING company will attend China Commodities Expo-Nigeria 2019 in Lagos, Nigeria
- Small scale cassava flour processing machine was delivered to the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Leave a message